Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-905-5907
Phone: 610-431-0200
Podiatry Care Specialists, PC
Call: 610-431-0200
Toll Free: 877-905-5907
Fax: 610-431-9333

What Should I do if I Sprain my Ankle?

"What should I do if I sprain my ankle? A sprained ankle should initially be treated with “RICE” therapy. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Anti-inflammatory medication is also beneficial to reduce swelling. It is very important that you see your podiatrist who will perform a thorough examination to determine the extent of your injury and determine if other foot and ankle structures are involved. To properly diagnose the injury, digital x-rays should be performed. If the injury is severe enough ambulation with crutches or a walking boot may be necessary."