Podiatrists are doctors who are dedicated to the health, diagnosis and treatment of foot, ankle and lower leg disorders. While there are times that at home treatments like heat, ice and rest can be helpful, there are times when it is better to seek treatment from a podiatrist.
Here are 5 reasons you should see a podiatrist:
1. Numbness/Tingling:If you are experiencing numbness or tingling in your feet it is important that you visit a podiatrist as soon as possible to determine the cause. The lack of feeling can be sensory diabetic neuropathy, a complication of diabetes.
2. Discoloration:Your feet should always be the same color. If you notice discoloration, it could be a sign of an infection, gout, or circulation problems.
3. Changes to Your Foot's Shape:If you notice that the shape of your foot is changing it can be an indication of a muscle imbalance or dysfunctional tendons. If left untreated these changes to your foot’s shape can worsen leading to more serious issues over time.
4. Growths:Growths on feet often come along with pain and other unwanted side effects. Blisters, bunions, calluses, corns, heel spurs and neuroma are all examples of common growths podiatrists treat.
5. PainPain in your foot, ankle lower leg can be caused by many things. Blisters, bunions, heel pain, swelling, broken bones and wounds are some of the most common causes of pain.
When it comes to your feet, it’s important to take care of them and treat problems when they arise so issues don’t worsen and persist. If you are currently experiencing any of the conditions listed above, schedule an appointment with a podiatrist soon. The Podiatrists at Podiatry Care Specialists are here to help answer your questions, address your concerns and get you back on your feet! Contact us today by using our appointment request form or by calling one of our 6 Southeastern Pennsylvania offices today 610-431-0200.